Sunday, December 27, 2009

Smart Phones and Cheap Dates

Making time to plan your wedding is a challenge we all face, especially if your work hours range from 11 to 12 each day. Finding time to take care of calls and emails while at work may be an option, but it is not always the best. Do you really want your co-workers hearing every single aspect and detail of your wedding? To the point where they get to know what lingerie you will wear on your special day or even what wedding details you have to cut because your budget isn't big enough? No. And trust me, being on the other side isn't fun either- who cares? So then what do you do? You get a smart phone, and you go on cheap dates!

The smart phone allows you to update your blog remotely, and the cheap date buys you time and saves you money. Take for example today: we planned an afternoon out, Fred took me to get a Mani , $10; went to get tickets to Sherlock Holmes, $22; ate on the inexpensive side but avoided chain restaurants (Pizzeria that offers savory deliciousness such as baked clams and shrimp fra Diavlo), $40; bought tix for movie with three hours in between to browse stores and hit the bookstore for arts and crafts projects and other DIY ideas, $0.

It is within those three hours that I ate dinner, bought myself a winter hat, scribbled down several wedding ideas, emailed Fred's mom to help me gather materials for those DIY projects, and posted to my blog. Now, as I wait in line to hand in my movie ticket I feel highly accomplished!

Had I tried to do this at home I probably would have ended up watching another bad Mystery Science Theatre 3000 movie.

Please excuse any typos as I am posting this from my iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment