Friday, December 4, 2009

Even Numbers + Hoodie Weather + October = Wedding Day

Finding the venue for the wedding is probably the first things couples try to nail down.  Finding the perfect, or ideal, place determines where and when the wedding will take place.  For us, this was something that I was eager to get working on because we wanted to get married in 2010 - I like even numbers!  I didn't want 2011, and well, I didn't want to take my chances with 2012!

I also knew that I wanted an October wedding.  I'm an October baby, and I absolutely LOVE the Fall.  There's something about the crisp weather, the turning leaves, and just an overall a sense of warmth and comfort that Fall brings that puts a smile on my face.  Fred calls it "hoodie weather".   We love our "hoodie weather".  There are a few things that come to mind when I think of Autumn:
October
Colors
Leaves
Apple Cider
Apples
Pumpkins
Halloween
Dia de Los Muertos

And I LOVE all of the above.



With that, we needed to get crackin'.  Before anything else, I wanted a date; everything else would work itself out around that date.  I thought of what the weather would be in October based on what it was this year; hot, cold, very unpredictable - global-warming sucks!  In trying to think about not breaking the bank entirely for this event we thought a Sunday wedding would be best- rates tend to be cheaper.  So what days in October 2010 fall on Sundays?  Initially we were thinking of October 31st.  I love Halloween and the thought of having a theme wedding was exciting!  But then, would it be too themey?  What if it was really cold (I hate the cold)? What if it was shitty and rainy and cold?  Then I thought about the 10th of October - middle ground.  But wait - 10-10-10?  No way!  I was not ready or willing to compete for this date with all those other broads just because of 3 perfectly matching numbers.  That left three other dates:  3rd, 17th, and 24th.  I considered the 24th because it's an even number (sadly, yes).  But then, somehow I felt like I wanted something a bit more special.  How about the 3rd?  My Birthday!

My Birthday!  What, you say?  Why would I do that?  Two reasons:
1 - Because it's unexpected.  Most women, I found, want to keep their birthdays and anniversaries as far apart from each other.  They don't want to compromise gifts or celebrations if the two are too close together.  Well, I'm glad I'm not with them.  Heck, Fred and I don't even know when we started dating.  Eventually we decided to just pick a date we liked and made it our anniversary - October 14th.  Sadly, I don't think there has been a time when we have celebrated it.  I think it has to do because it doesn't really mean anything to us. Haha!  
2 - Because Fred's mother married on her birthday- Friday, October 13th!  Talk about NOT being superstitious!  And she is the happiest married woman I know!  Her love for her husband is grand.  I can only wish to be as happy in my marriage as she.  And that, is the truth.

Wedding date then is: OCTOBER 3rd, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment