Thursday, December 24, 2009

Our Last "Single" Christmas!

We were at my parents house today for Nochebuena (Christmas Eve) feasting on tamales, tostadas, and pozole, and Fred brought to my attention the following: "this is our last Christmas before we are married".  It is!  Although we are well aware that nothing will change next year, it is quite a realization.  Who knows, maybe the tables will turn and the expectations will change.  I may be expected to start hosting Christmas, and New Years and such...  after all, I will be a wife won't I?  Well maybe I will!  What's the use of all these traditions if you can't have fun with them!  Turning 16 or turning 21 wouldn't be as fun if we treated them as just another birth anniversary would they? 

Tonight and tomorrow will be extra special; this may mean an extra bottle of wine, a romantic evening (imagines romantic music playing in the background), a super nice gift, or something as simple as a nice cup of hot chocolate and a crepe with nutella and bananas, like the one he's preparing for me now.  I hope we can keep our low-key-romantic love potion brewing for many years to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment