Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Wedding Cake Situation

"Let them eat cake!"

Or not.

I'm still debating whether to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a wedding cake.  Fred is so cute, he thought he would surprise me with a wedding cake from Charm City Cakes (and hopefully have Geoff deliver it) only to find that such a "charming" gesture would cost him at least $3-grand... enough said.

The reality is that I don't know how much people care for cake.  It's so expected that it's hardly exciting.  But then the whole cup-cake thing is already very yesterday.  So what's left?

I still don't know... we have some time to mull this over, but here's a thought:

2 comments:

  1. i always remember cake...but that's just me and cake is my favorite food.

    but you can do a really fun dessert table instead with cookies, brownies, macaroons...whatever your favs are. I've also seen people do pies which is cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think we'll still have cake-- since it's also my birthday. I just dont know how fancy or basic i'm going with it yet. :P

    ReplyDelete