Saturday, March 6, 2010

My Favorites from our Mexico Trip

I'm so happy...  :)

Check out Fred with the farmer's tan.  This is WHY we are NOT going to HAWAII for a HONEYMOON.
Plus, Paris is tres chic!


And... This was in our favorite town in Mexico- Coyoacan (not that we've been to many places in Mexico, but we really liked this one).  I think this is where Fred first came to the realization that not all Mexico is a stereotype. This is what happens when you never leave the States. 

NYC home away from home... and John Lennon.  Really? It's not all about Ranchero music?
Yep, it was that fucking awesome.
Coyoacan is known for its Nieves...  or ice's. They come in all sorts of delicious flavors.  To be perfectly honest, even after we knew not to drink the water, i had to have a lemon nieve.  And, i didn't get any more sick than i already was.   :)  It was FAN-TAS-TIC!

Below is what is called a "chelada".  Beer with lime and salt on the rim. 


This is my bitch... Frida.  The reason I dragged my all-american boyfriend south of the border.  And it was worth it.

 

And my big head eclipsing the Palacio de Bellas Artes behind me.  



This is a dulceria en El Centro donde venden unos dulces para morirse.  Creo que compre varios para traer de regreso a los EU, pero nunca llegaron porque nos lo comimos.

And the Tlacoyos were my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE.  You can ask Fred.  All I did was prop down on upside down plastic buckets and go to town on these bad boys.  Screw the pollution and the dirt, and all bad things that you ingest when you eat street food.  I ate my last tlacoyo at about 1130am the last day we were there, mere hours before we got back on a plane.

waiting was worth it...
 

I can hardly wait to retire to Mexico (don't tell Fred).  Shhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment