Friday, January 1, 2010

Wedding Checklist - 275 Days to go!


It's Day 1 of the New Year and I can't help but count down the days left to our wedding day!  We are at 275 days from our big day- day when Fred and Dalila officially tie the knot.  Oh the young couple, to be them!  (or not!).

Anyway, of the many, many checklists there's one from Real Simple Weddings Magazine that's detachable and comes in this handy 4x6 portable size (more or less).  Here's what/where it says is customary for the following time frames and where I stand in the process:

Sixteen to Nine Months Before:
Start Wedding Folder -  NO (maybe I'll do that today since I already have contracts to file away)
Work out the budget - YES (although it is really a work in progress)
Build your wedding party - NOT HAVING ONE
Settle on a headcount - YES (hope it works)
Book the date and venues - DONE
Book the officiant - NO (I had it taken care of until my friend's marriage license was deemed no longer valid)
Research photographers, caterers, florists, etc - YES
Insert vendor contact information into master sheet - NO
Throw Engagement Party - NO (I will not be throwing one)

Eight Months Before: (I'm at 9 months before right now)

Book the photographer and videographer - NO (I need to get on that this month)
Book entertainment - WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?  HIRE A MAGICIAN?
Register - YES.  (I've been doing that since before I was engaged)
Purchase a dress - WIP.  (Have an appt. coming up where I hope to take care of that matter)
Start meeting caterers - DONE
Launch a wedding website -? Does my blog count? Probably Not. (FRED- GET ON IT!)

And then there's Seven-to-Six months before, Five-to-Four, etc., etc.

I think we're in a good place right now.  No need to get all stressed out over what a piece of paper tells you.  For the moment, I have better things to do... like go heat up those pork tamales my mom made yesterday and have them for breakfast...
(it's the blog before you eat rule)

No comments:

Post a Comment