Monday, November 30, 2009

We're engaged, now what?

Soon after we got engaged I think Fred and I realized that we really didn't know what to do next. All this anticipation leading up to this one moment, and then what? Right after he proposed to me, and after I was done staring in awe, we looked around the office and realized we didn't know what to do next,  so we went to get lunch.  Well, he took me to pick up lunch, gave me a kiss and then sent me back to work- he had to go back to the office. Back at work I barely touched my sandwich; I was still in the moment.  Later that day after he was done with work we finally left to celebrate our engagement over a nice Mexican dinner.  And that was the extent of our celebration that day.

Later that week we had a few smaller scale private celebrations over a BBQ with friends that weekend, and a smaller family gathering at his brother's apt in Queens.  We did open a few bottles of Champagne, and our friends Melissa and Mike actually shared with us a good-luck tradition that they picked up while vacationing  in Italy in April, where they became engaged!  This is the story of the cork.

Read on...

No comments:

Post a Comment