Saturday, November 28, 2009

This is the first day of my blog as I anxiously wait for these yams to bake!

I'm sitting on the couch next to my to-be-husband (I prefer that versus the typical fancy word: fiance) as he plays Magic The Gathering on Xbox and I realize it's time to get this wedding planning officially started! Woohoo! There! I've said it! It's time for me to go into full girly, happy, giggly, "I'm going to be married" mode.

Fred says: "it's not ever time for that"
(he gets to read what i write since he's sitting right here next to me)

So, I believe I need to start with why this blog is called D says Yes! instead of "Fred & Dalila: The Wedding" or "Fred & D Wed" or "Fred & Dalila realize they will be spending a shitload of money in a single day in the near future" - the truth is because if you are reading this you probably already know how my engagement went down. But in case you don't, it was an online social media proposal and it happened through work at work. He asked me to marry him via facebook, twitter, and posted the 10 reasons why i should say yes on a female lifestyle site called She Knows- we both work in Online advertising (he's a creative guy and I'm a media planner) which explains why he decided to do it via an online campaign (we both practically live at work). Pictures of this and the actual proposal to be posted tomorrow (hopefully). So, in answer to his viral campaign "Say Yes D", I say: "D says yes!".

So there, the "yes" has been said and now it is to make this happen! Married life (officially), here we come! And my yams should be done right about... now.

No comments:

Post a Comment