Wednesday, May 19, 2010

More wedding to-do's- the decor

I yearned for this day to come, the day when i would finally be able to honker down and start doing "the fun stuff"- wedding decorations.  I waited patiently for months, trying to focus on the big ticket items so as not to get distracted and lose sight of the things that needed to get taken care of in advance: venue, dress, shoes, music, food, officiant, etc.  But those days are now behind me (us) and I can begin to think about color scheme, decorations, those things that pull it all together and bring your theme to life.

I began doing a bit of research a few months and discovered this site:  colourlovers.com a community of people united by one central interest: color.  Here you can create your own color palettes and patterns. YOu can even name your "color" if it hasn't yet been "discovered" by the community.

Here are a few of my palettes inspired by the wedding venue and Frida that I think will help bring the theme (Modern Vintage with a Mexican Twist) to life:

Frida_I
Color by COLOURlovers

and

Las_Dos_Fridas
Color by COLOURlovers

Las Dos Fridas was literally inspired by the painting.  I don't think that i can use those colors, but I like it anyway.

Here's the pic it's based on:


So, there you have it, and i think i need to keep creating more palettes.  It's quite fun!  Hopefully i'll be able to nail down the final one very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment