Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Shoe Dilemma

I have to admit, I really like shoes.  When I was in college I did a mini documentary or video piece for one of my classes about shoes; how they're a reflection of the wearer's personality.  At first i thought there would  be instances where it wouldn't hold true, but to my surprise, I don't think I came across a single one of them.  Then again, I think you can say the same about many things: hair, handbags, accessories, etc.  But I chose shoes.

Take the following people for example:
Molly- has a pair (that i've seen) of Chanel boots, not sure if she owns a pair of Louboutin's but I wouldn't be surprised if she did
Fred - only wears skater shoes and paratrooper boots
Stanley - Merrel's that I can remember

I would even say I have my own style, which Fred most often than not describes as "awful, gaudy, old-lady-like", except for when i wear the black and red tartan Doc's (those he likes).  So finding the right pair of shoes for my wedding is well, a bit of a task.  I've always chosen my shoes based on whether they're fun, spontaneous, practical, or safe.  The later usually reserved for the office.  But a wedding is different, they have to match my dress, fit well, and above all, I have to be able to walk in them.

I've been browsing and so far here are some audacious options that are way out of my price range.  Sad thing is that I actually wouldn't mind paying the price, but knowing that I wouldn't wear them past the wedding reception makes any of these options highly unlikely.



Christian Louboutin - Spiked Patent Pump
Price $885
(yep those are spikes indeed)


Oscar de la Renta - Jewel-toe Platform Pump
Price $685
















Yves Saint Laurent - Chloris 105 Sandal
Price $895















Ralph Lauren - Jacoba Metallic Napa Sandal
Price $1,150
(those are Swarovski crystals)














Christian Louboutin - Glitter Slingback Platform Pump
Price $745















Christian Louboutin - Hidden-Platform Pump
Price $795
(these look fun but not dressy enough)














Christian Louboutin - Fetilo Peep-toe Pumps
Price $995













source: NeimanMarcus.com, Saks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment